Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Arata and the Four Seasons Pg.2



This page two of my children's book with Arata laying down in her cave.

The colors used in the drawing utilize a lot a blues to keep the snow from looking completely white. Besides the trees and the grass most of the shapes are very soft for a children's book like feel. All the brushes used were for most part very soft as well.I created my own pattern of texture using a grittier brush for the trees and a grass brush with alternating yellowish greens for an almost dead grass look.n The way this particular seen is designed has a bit of framing since its in the perspective of looking outside from inside the cave.

This book I'm working on is also more than just a book for children.While it will be in the style of a children's book it also meant for adults. The theme I want to represent in the book is a newer one that's a bit personal to me and it concerns the gap between those who were born in the baby boomer era and the millennials. Personally I feel that this gap sometimes leads to miscommunication or a lack of understanding from both sides that lead to frustration and strain some relationships. This is especially prevalent for me as someone who likes gaming, anime, and Japanese culture in a family that has no exposure to those things nor understands them. I intend for this book to send a message to both adults and children of later generations to learn to understand different generations rather than making unfair assumptions about a generations likes and dislikes. Arata will represent a millennial and the four seasons she experiences represent different generations with representative stereotypes attached to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment